The Village is currently accepting applications for Lateral Police Officers and Entry-Level Police Officers.
For Lateral Police Officers
Applications will be accepted until positions are full.
For Entry-Level Police Officers
Applications accepted through Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Please follow the instructions below.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE TEST
- Visit National Testing Network
- Select Find Jobs;
- Select Law Enforcement Jobs from the drop-down menu;
- Filter the results by State (Illinois), and select Downers Grove.
OR go directly to the list of Illinois law enforcement and select Downers Grove.
COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION
- Schedule your test and submit necessary verifying documentation by Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- Be sure to review all information related to the Downers Grove Police Officer position, including minimum requirements, salary, benefits, and orientation video.
- Review detailed information about the testing process.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to the Village of Downers Grove. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry-level exam and provide the necessary verifying documentation will be placed on the Village's eligibility list.
The HR Director will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to participate in further stages of the selection process.