The Freedom of Information Act (Act), 5 ILCS 140 /3 et seq., is the principal Illinois statute governing the inspection of public records. The Act requires that public bodies make available for inspection or copying all public records to any person. Exemptions are provided to ensure the confidentiality of certain types of sensitive public records.
FILING A REQUEST
Persons desiring to inspect or receive copies of Village records may download and fill out this FORM. Completed forms may be submitted via:
Forms are also available in the reception areas of:
- Village Hall: 801 Burlington Ave; 630.434.5500
- Fire Station #102: 5420 Main St.; 630.434.5980
- Police Department: 825 Burlington Ave.; 630.434.5600
- Public Works Facility: 5101 Walnut Ave.; 630.434.5460
All requests for records must be received during normal business hours of the general administrative offices of the Village. (Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm., excluding holidays) Requests submitted electronically after normal business hours will be considered received by the Village on the next business day.
The Village will respond to general, non-commercial requests within five business days of the date the request was marked as received, unless the time for a response is otherwise extended pursuant to the Act. Commercial requests will be responded to within 21 business days.
CATEGORIES OF RECORDS AVAILABLE PROMPTLY
- Collective Bargaining Contracts
- Village Council Policies
- Current Job Postings (also electronic) for vacancies
- Minutes & Agendas (all areas) Village Council & Boards/Commissions
- Municipal Code
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Monthly Statistical Reports
- GIS Maps
- Village Operating Budget
- Standard copies of records: No fee
- Color copies of records: $.10 per page
- Maps, photographs, CDs, DVDs, other media: Actual cost of reproduction