Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is required by state law and consists of seven members appointed by the Mayor with confirmation by the Village Council.
The Zoning Board of Appeals has the following powers and duties:
- Except as provided in DGMC Section 2.55 of this Code, to hear and decide on applications for any variation or exception from the terms of the Downers Grove Zoning Ordinance subject to its provisions.
- To hear and decide appeals from, and to make modifications to, any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the Director responsible for the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
- To hear and decide on all matters referred to it or upon which it is required to pass under the Downers Grove Zoning Ordinance.
- To exercise such other powers germane to the above powers as may be conferred by the Village Council.
- 7 members
- Members serve for three years; member terms are staggered.