Vendor Self Service (VSS) Portal
On June 22, 2022 the VSS portal recently went through a software upgrade. The Vendor Self Service (VSS) portal will require new procedures for vendor use. Instructions on how to register and use the new VSS portal are provided below, in the Resources section.
NOTE: If you have recently signed up for the Vendor Self Service portal, the recent vendor upgrade on June 22, 2022 will require you to re-register your account. See more details in the Resources section.
The Village is responsible for services rendered by third party vendors. The VSS allows vendors the ability to look up their payments and update their vendor information including address.
ONLINE: If you are a new vendor, please create a new VSS account.
NOTE: When you link an existing account, the Vendor ID will need to be entered without leading zeros (e.g. if your old vendor ID was 0012345, your existing new vendor ID is 12345) plus your FEIN/SSN.
Vendor Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification
Pursuant to 35 ILCS 200/18-50.2, Contractors and all subcontractors are required to complete and submit a Vendor DBE certification, regardless of DBE status. Contractor shall complete and require all its subcontractors to complete the DBE certification for this project.
You can discover additional information regarding this service portal resources by clicking on common questions below:
- If you register for a VSS account using your previous credentials and the email addresses match, your existing VSS account information will be available to you.
- If you do not use an existing email, or if you currently have multiple accounts using the same email address, you must complete the new account registration and relink accounts.
Yes. You’ll be prompted to create an account and sign-up. In addition, most applications offer enhanced capabilities if you sign-up. This includes the ability to setup a shared profile to link account numbers from different applications, view transaction history and save payment preferences.
- Click the Log In or dedicated Vendor Self Service > Log in/Register on the page.
- Click the Register for a new account under the username and password fields.
NOTE: Clicking the Sign In button opens a sign-in dialog where you’ll need to choose a social provider (Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, etc) or enter an email and password used during the initial sign-up process.
- Complete the required fields, those with astericks, on the registration form and click Register.
NOTE: The email address will be your username.
- Before your account is officially registered, the system will send an email to your email address. You must click the confirmation link in the email before you can access the account.
- When you receive the email, click the link in the email to confirm your email address.
- The email confirmation page will appear. Click the Sign In to Vendor Self Service link.
The Village's software vendor periodically updates their software to maintain security and feature enhancements. Due to these upgrades, businesses who use the vendor self-service portal will need to re-register their accounts after the newly applied updates. When you re-register, if you use the same email address as your previous account, your account will retain its data.
To re-register your account follow the instructions under the How do I sign up for Vendor Self Service (VSS)? resource.
NOTICE: If you choose to sign in with one of the social provider accounts (Google, Apple, Microsoft or Facebook) you must ALWAYS use that option to log in (not the email address and password option). You will also NOT have the option to be able change your password because you are authenticating through the social provider accounts and using their service's login information.
YES. Your Apple, Facebook, Google or Microsoft account can be used to sign-in. As an alternative, you can sign-up using an email account and the password of your choosing.
If using a social provider, you follow their instructions:
- Microsoft - https://support.microsoft.com
- Google - https://support.google.com
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com
- Apple - https://support.apple.com
If you chose to sign-up with an e-mail address, use the Forgot Password link on the sign-in dialog.
- On the sign-in dialog click Forgot Password? if you choose to use an e-mail. Clicking on this link opens a new dialog that asks for the email you used when you signed up.
- Entering an email and clicking the button Reset Password will send an email that includes a reset link.
- You can use that link to open a new browser window and update your password.
- After you sign-in you’ll see a Profile icon and link on the upper right of your browser window. Click the link to open your profile page.
- On the profile page click Edit profile info to open your account details and look for the Extra Verification section.
- You can choose to use either SMS (text message) or email as a second authentication factor. When enabled you’ll receive a one-time code or link as a verification step when you sign-in. Choose which factor you want to enable and follow the directions to complete the setup.
All of the Village’s self service portals are hosted with the software vendor. If you chose to use an e-mail address instead of a social provider for sign-in, it’s the vendor’s services that handles your authentication and any management activities that require your email.
To ensure future correspondence arrives in your inbox and not your SPAM, please add this email address to your whitelist. To whitelist an email address just means you add them to your approved senders list. This tells your email provider that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk/spam folder.