The Village has 14 vehicles salting roads in preparation for the significant ice accumulation predicted for our area. Freezing rain and sleet will develop this afternoon into the evening. Crews will be monitoring road conditions and salting as needed throughout the night.
Report Power Outages
Call ComEd to report outages and/or down power lines at 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661). Sign up for outage alerts on your mobile devices HERE.
General Winter Reminders
esidents are reminded of the following:
- If you have a fire hydrant nearby, please take care that it is cleared out and visible for firefighters.
- Parking on streets and in public parking lots is prohibited between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. when three or more inches of snow have fallen.
- It is against Village ordinance to shovel, place, or blow snow or ice onto the street, sidewalk or any right-of-way.
- Please remember to be a good neighbor and shovel your sidewalk, if you are able.
Safe Travel around Snowplows
- Please, don't crowd the plow. Snowplows plow far and wide, sometimes VERY wide. The front plow extends several feet in front of the truck and may cross the centerline and shoulders during plowing operations.
- Don't tailgate or stop too close behind snowplows. Snow plows are usually spreading de-icing materials from the back of the truck and may need to stop or take evasive action to avoid stranded vehicles. If you find yourself behind a snow plow, stay behind it or use caution when passing. The road behind a snow plow will be safer to drive on.
- Don't travel beside a plow for long periods. When plowing through a snowdrift or packed snow, the impact can move the truck sideways.