The Village of Downers Grove will be an early voting site for the April 4, 2017, Consolidated General Election. Early voting begins Monday, March 20, 2017 through Saturday, April 1, 2017, in the Committee Room at the Village Hall, 801 Burlington Avenue. The hours for early voting at this location will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Early voting provides citizens the opportunity to vote before Election Day, at their convenience. Unlike absentee voting, one does not need a reason to vote early. If you are a registered voter in DuPage County, we invite you to participate in early voting!
Voter registration for the April 4, 2017, Consolidated General Election will take place from Thursday, March 2 through Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Tuesday, March 7, 2017, is the last day to register or transfer registration for the April 4, 2017, Consolidated General Election. To register, you must be 18 years of age on or before the election, be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of DuPage County. Two forms of identification with current address are needed. Applicants may register at the following locations:
- Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss
- Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington
- Downers Grove Township offices, 4340 Prince St.
- Lisle Township offices, 4721 Indiana Ave, Lisle
- York Township offices, 1502 Meyers Road, Lombard
- Downers Grove Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2001 Butterfield Road, Suite 105 (Call first: 630-968-4050)
- DuPage Election Commission, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton
"Grace Period" voting, which allows individuals to register or update their registration and vote at the same time (for those who did not register before the traditional deadline,) will be held at the Election Commissioner Office, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton from March 8 through April 4, 2017.
Please contact the DuPage County Election Commission at (630) 407-5600 or April Holden, Village Clerk, at 434-5535 for further information about early voting.