There will be a garbage Amnesty Day the week of September 12-16, 2016, on your regularly scheduled pick up day.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT STICKERS ARE REQUIRED.
Number of Stickers Required
- CUSTOMERS THAT REGULARLY USE STICKERS: The first FIVE (5) bags or cans of refuse (not including yard waste) must each be tagged with a Downers Grove refuse sticker.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 35-GALLON CART: FOUR (4) items must be stickered.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 65-GALLON CART: THREE (3) items must be stickered.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 95-GALLON CART: TWO (2) items must be stickered.
After meeting the sticker requirement, remaining items will be removed free of charge.
- Bulk items such as couches, chairs, lamps, bicycles, etc. are acceptable.
- All materials must be in a container, with the exception of bulk items.
- Construction material is limited to two (2) cubic yards, equivalent to about eight, 33 gallon sized cans.
Items that will not be accepted include:
- Motor oil
- Any liquids, paints or household hazardous waste*
- Items known as "white goods" which include large appliances such as washers, dryers, and refrigerators
- Household electronic items such as computers, printers, monitors and televisions
- Yard Waste
The Village of Downers Grove will host a Recycling Extravaganza on Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Belmont Train Station, Parking Lot H. This event is open to residents of Downers Grove, only and does not include businesses or not-for-profit organizations. Click below for the list of accepted items: