A High Wind Watch has been issued for DuPage County for Wednesday, March 16, 2016. In addition, we are in for some potentially strong storms later Tuesday evening. Here's what the National Weather Service has to say:
Report Power Outages
What to Do If You See a Downed Power Line
Never, ever touch a downed power line or go near one. Power lines are not insulated like power cords. Always assume the power line is live.
- Don't touch a fallen power line or anything touching the wire.
- Do not touch anything or anyone in contact with a fallen power line or other equipment.
- Keep children and pets away from fallen electric wires.
- Do not drive over a fallen power line.
- Call 911 immediately to report a fallen power line.
What to Do If a Power Line Touches Your Car
If your vehicle comes in contact with a downed power line:
- Stay inside! The safest place is in your car. The ground around your car may be energized.
- Honk the horn, roll down your window and yell for help.
- Warn others to stay away. Anyone who touches the equipment or ground around the vehicle may be injured.
- Use your mobile phone to call 911.