A High Wind Warning is in effect today, February 19, 2016, until 6:00 p.m.
Report Power Outages
What to Do If You See a Downed Power Line
Never, ever touch a downed power line or go near one. Power lines are not insulated like power cords. Always assume the power line is live.
- Don't touch a fallen power line or anything touching the wire.
- Do not touch anything or anyone in contact with a fallen power line or other equipment.
- Keep children and pets away from fallen electric wires.
- Do not drive over a fallen power line.
- Call 911 immediately to report a fallen power line.
What to Do If a Power Line Touches Your Car
If your vehicle comes in contact with a downed power line:
- Stay inside! The safest place is in your car. The ground around your car may be energized.
- Honk the horn, roll down your window and yell for help.
- Warn others to stay away. Anyone who touches the equipment or ground around the vehicle may be injured.
- Use your mobile phone to call 911.