Preserving your property as a historic landmark is easier than ever and there's no cost. Watch this short video and call the Village at 630.434.5515 or visit us at Historic Preservation and let us help landmark your historic home today.
Modifications to the Historic Preservation Ordinance have been implemented. The ordinance and strategies were the result of extensive community participation at joint meetings of the Architectural Design Review Board (ADRB) and the ADRB Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Historic Preservation, as well as Village Council meetings.
- Simplified nomination standards
- Allowance for contiguous and thematic historic districts
- Reduction of Certificate of Appropriateness regulations
- Simplified application process and easier applications
- Elimination of application fees
- Updated information on the Historic Preservation page
Additional public education and awareness strategies, as well as a number of financial strategies, are being considered for implementation. These strategies include partnering with community groups to promote historic landmarks and districts.
- For more information, including applications for landmarks and historic districts, visit the Historic Preservation page.
- Architectural Design Review Board