Beginning the week of July 13, traffic control changes will be made in and around the Washington Park neighborhood. Based on the recommendations of Neighborhood Traffic Study Area 4 , there will be an increase in STOP signs throughout the neighborhood.
Left: Area of Neighborhood Traffic Study #4
Here are the most notable revised STOP sign locations:
- Chicago Avenue at Douglas Road - Adding STOP signs on Chicago Avenue
- Chicago Avenue at Highland Avenue - Removing STOP signs on Chicago Avenue
- Franklin Street at Highland Avenue - Adding STOP signs on Highland Avenue
- Warren Avenue at Highland Avenue - Adding STOP sign on Highland Avenue
- Grant Street at Stanley Avenue - Adding STOP sign on Grant Street
Please contact Village Traffic Manager Matthew Mayer at 630-434-6863 for questions regarding these changes.