Commuter Parking Lot H at the Belmont Avenue Metra Station will undergo complete reconstruction beginning June 22, 2015. The project involves full pavement replacement, storm sewer replacement, installation of a new and improved lighting system, and installation of a bio swale median.The new parking lot will also include an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible walkway and a higher capacity bike rack. The project will be funded by both the Village of Downers Grove and Metra.
Project updates will be posted at Parking Lot Improvements, Lot H on the Village website. Here are some important temporary changes that will take place during this two phase project expected to be completed by October 2015:
- Both daily-fee and permit parking for Parking Lot H and Parking Lot G will be impacted.
- The Parking Lot H Improvements-Parking Guide During Construction shows alternate permit and daily-fee parking locations during construction.
- During Phase I, Parking Lot H will only be accessible via Chase Avenue.
- During Phase II, Parking Lot H will only be accessible via Belmont Road.
- Since space will be limited at Parking Lot H during Phases I and II, drop-offs will only take place on Burlington Avenue.
- Additional parking for the Belmont Station is available at PACE's Park-n-Ride located at 63rd Street and Belmont Road. Visit www.pacebus.com and enter rout no. 464 into the Route Finder tool for schedule locations.
- ADA Accessible parking will not be available at Parking Lot H during construction and will be relocated to Burlington Ave adjacent to the PACE bus stop.
- PACE buses will not enter Parking Lot H during construction. All bus routes will utilize the bus stop on Burlington Avenue just west of Belmont Road.