Did You Know?.......
1. A typical property owner pays less than 9% of their tax bill to the Village of Downers Grove.
2. The amount of the tax bill paid to the Village in 2015 is less than it was in 2014.
3. Most tax bills list four units of government with "Downers Grove" in their name that are separate from the Village of Downers Grove:
- Downers Grove Township
- Downers Grove Public Library
- Downers Grove Park District
- Downers Grove Sanitary District
Each is governed by its own elected or appointed board that makes decisions on the amount to collect in property taxes. The following graphical example illustrates these points.
- Enlarged Tax Bill Graphic (same as below)