UPDATE: 4/27/2013 1:15 p.m.
Special garbage collection has been completed. Normal regular collection of refuse, recycling and yard waste will resume on Monday, April 29.
UPDATE: 4/26/2013 4:50 p.m.
Work to clean up the extensive amount of flood damage continued today. It is expected that all Tuesday routes will be completed this evening. Many sections along other routes have also been completed.
On Saturday April 27, 2013, Republic Services plans to complete the special collection in all remaining areas. The Village expects that normal regular garbage collection will resume on Monday. Any updated information will be posted via the website, Facebook and Twitter over the weekend as it becomes available.
Thank you very much for you patience as flood recovery continues.
UPDATE: 4/26/2013 9:30 a.m.
Thank you for your patience as Republic Services works to clean up the extensive amount of flood-damaged debris from over 1,000 homes throughout the Village. Today, Friday, special collection pick-up will continue. Republic Services plans to have 20 trucks in the Village on Saturday in an effort to complete the special collection.
The Village expects that normal regular garbage collection will resume on Monday. Any updated information will be posted via the website, Facebook and Twitter over the weekend, as needed.
UPDATE: 4/25/2013 1:45 p.m.
- Debris pickup along the Monday routes has been completed.
- Republic Services is continuing thru remaining routes and additional trucks have been added.
- The collection of flood damaged debris will continue through Saturday.
UPDATE: 4/24/2013 9:00 a.m.
Republic Services is working hard to get all flood-damaged special collection debris picked up this week. There are additional trucks in the Village to assist this effort and more will be added as they become available.
What to Expect
Special collection pick-up may occur after your regular collection day (possibly more than one day after). A separate truck may pick up your flood-related debris from the one that picks up regular garbage- Please continue to check the Village website for updated information.
What You Can Do to Help
- Please don't put out any more debris after your collection day. This will only lengthen the time it takes to complete the clean-up.
- Please don't put out non storm-related debris. The Special Collection is not an Amnesty Day. (See Related Links below)
Thank you for your patience and your assistance as we recover from the flooding and get the community cleaned up again.
- If you put out storm-related debris with your normal weekly refuse on your regular pickup day, it will all be collected.
- Collection may be delayed due to the large volume of flood debris.
- Please be patient as crews work to service the area.
In light of the flooding and recent storms, the Village and Republic Services will offer a special refuse collection for storm-related household debris, ONLY, next week, April 22-26, 2013.
- All refuse must be at the curb on your regular pickup day. Republic crews will follow their normal routes.
- YARD WASTE will NOT be collected during this week. This will allow crews to concentrate on hauling away what is anticipated to be an increased amount of refuse due to the storms.
- Normal amounts of weekly household waste must be stickered or contained in a refuse cart.
- Storm-related household debris, ONLY, may be put to the curb with no stickers required.
Carpet must be cut and bundled into rolls no longer than 4 feet length and 50 pounds in weight.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
* Single items greater than 50 pounds in weight
* White goods (appliances)
* Household hazardous waste, paints, chemicals or liquids.
RESIDENTS ARE ASKED TO PLEASE BE COURTEOUS and REFRAIN FROM PUTTING OUT EXCESS ITEMS UNRELATED TO THE STORM.
There are several options to dispose of any unwanted items not accepted as part of this special collection.
- GLEN ELLYN RECYCLING EXTRAVAGANZA: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 8:00 a.m to noon
- Naperville Electronics Recycling
- Amnesty Day
- Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste:
- Sharing Connections
- Goodwill, Amvets, Salvation Army