In partnership with State Farm Insurance Company, Downers Grove Police will offer a free Alive @ 25 Defensive Driving Program for teen drivers. Participants that successfully complete the 4-hour program will receive a $50 gas card, thanks to a $2500.00 grant from State Farm for use/promotion of a teen driving initiative. The Alive @ 25 Program is a National Safety Council program that focuses on some of the specific driving errors made by new drivers that can lead to accidents.
WHEN: Saturday, December 15, 2012
TIME: Two Sessions (each limited to 25 students)
- Morning: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Participants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the program:
- Must be under the age of 18
- Hold a valid driver's license or permit issued by the State of Illinois
- Be currently enrolled at either North or South High School in Downers Grove.
Students interested in registering for this program should contact Public Education Manager Marion Heintz (630) 434-5606 or email@example.com.