Trick-or-Treating in the Village will be on Monday, October 31, 2011. While there are no mandated hours, the Police Department recommends activity cease when daylight hours end.
- Kids should trick-or-treat with parents or in groups-never alone.
- Wear light colored or reflective clothing. Masks should not obstruct vision.
- Carry a flashlight after dark.
- Stay on sidewalks and never walk in the street.
- Cross streets carefully and always at corners-no jaywalking.
- Limit trick-or-treating to your immediate neighborhood.
- Trick-or-treat only at homes where outside lights are on.
- Only accept treats that are wrapped and securely sealed.
- Parents, check your child's treats before eating.
- Vandalism is a crime. Halloween is not an excuse to damage or destroy someone else's property.