The Village of Downers Grove welcomes over 430 properties into the Village boundaries effective January 1, 2012. All affected properties have been previously notified. These properties were annexed in order to ensure that Village services are provided in an efficient manner and paid for equally by those who benefit from them.
If your property is part of the annexation, please be aware that your 2012 property tax bill and rates paid will reflect residency in the Village boundaries.
Attached is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding annexation into the Village and contact information for relevant Village entities. If you have any questions regarding the annexation or Village services, please contact us at 630-434-5500 or peruse this website.
The Village has notified the following entities of the annexation to assist new residents:
- Emergency 9-1-1 dispatch i.e. Police and Fire
- All Village of Downers Grove departments, including water billing and Public Works
- Downers Grove Post Office
- DuPage County, including the Election Commission (to be eligible to vote in Downers Grove local elections.)
- Utility Companies: NiCor, ComEd, Comcast, AT&T and Republic Services (garbage)
- Downers Grove Park District
- Downers Grove Library
- Downers Grove Sanitary District
- Your Township Assessor's Office (Downers Grove Township or Lisle Township)
Newly annexed residents will be eligible for a Downers Grove Public Library card effective January 1, 2012.
A handful of annexed properties will require a change of address to the Village's numbering system. Property owners will be notified by mail if there will be an address change.
- List of Addresses to be Annexed
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annexation Map
- Sample Property Tax Bills
- Report for Finance and Adminstrative Standing Committee
- Draft Minutes of May 11, 2011 Finance and Administrative Committee
- Additional FAQ's from Neighborhood Meetings