Trick or Treating Hours
Trick-or-Treating in the Village will be on Sunday, October 31, 2010. While there are no mandated hours, the Police Department recommends activity begin no earlier than Noon and cease when daylight hours end.
- Kids should trick-or-treat with parents or in groups—never alone.
- Wear light colored or reflective clothing. Masks should not obstruct vision.
- Carry a flashlight after dark.
- Stay on sidewalks and never walk in the street.
- Cross streets carefully and always at corners—no jaywalking.
- Limit trick-or-treating to your immediate neighborhood.
- Trick-or-treat only at homes where outside lights are on.
- Only accept treats that are wrapped and securely sealed.
- Parents, check your child’s treats before eating.
- Vandalism is a crime. Halloween is not an excuse to damage or destroy someone else’s property.
Curfew prohibits anyone under 17 years of age to be on the street after 11:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and midnight on Friday and Saturday.