Customers that reserved a rain barrel in April through the Village’s rain barrel program can pick up their rain barrels on Saturday, May 8, 2010, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. .
PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION OF PICKUP HAS CHANGED . Pickup will be in the Village Hall west parking lot, near the police station.
Checks ONLY please, made payable to The Conservation Foundation will be accepted. Payment may be made the day of pick-up.
What is The Conservation Foundation?
Established in 1972, The Conservation Foundation is a not-for-profit land and watershed protection organization serving northeastern Illinois. The mission of the Foundation is to preserve open space and natural lands, protect rivers and watersheds, and promote stewardship of the environment.
Rain Barrel Reservation Program
In an effort to promote water conservation, the Village of Downers Grove and The Conservation Foundation have partnered to make rain barrels available to residents at a reduced price.
These 55-gallon, recycled food grade plastic rain barrels come equipped with a spigot, garden hose threaded overflow and screen in the top to help keep out bugs and debris, and have screw off lids.
Color choices are:
NOTE : The use of water collected from rain barrels is not subject to the Village’s Water Restrictions and Conservation policies.
What is the cost?
$70 each. Reserving as part of the bulk Village order saves residents $15 over the regular price.
Learn More about Rain Barrels and Water Conservation
A rain barrel will be on display during the month of April at the following locations:
- April 5-9: Park District Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Rd.
- April 12-16: Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St.,
- April 19-23: Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave.
- April 26-30: Lincoln Center, 935 Maple Ave.
- Handout: DuPage County Stormwater Management: How to Install Your Rain Barrel
- Video: Rain Barrel Installation by the Conservation Foundation
- Video: How to Install and Use a Rain Barrel