In collaboration with the Village of Downers Grove, the DuPage County Health Department will host an H1N1 vaccination clinic on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at Dowers Grove South High School, 1436 Norfolk St.
The DuPage County Health Department H1N1 vaccination clinics are specifically for people in high priority groups, including:
- Pregnant women
- People who live with or care for infants younger than 6 months of age
- Health care and emergency medical personnel
- Anyone from 6 months through 24 years of age
- Anyone from 25 through 64 years of age with certain chronic medical conditions or a weakened immune system
The vaccinations are free of charge and BY APPOINTMENT ONLY . To make an appointment for a H1N1 vaccine please call 1-866-311-1123.
For more information, visit Protect DuPage or call the DuPage County Health Department Influenza Hotline at 630-221-7600.
General Flu Tips
Influenza is spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people. To maintain good health and to avoid transmission of any flu virus, the following practices are recommended:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick, it is recommended that you *stay home from work or school *and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.