The Village of Downers Grove periodically conducts tests on liquor license holders to ensure they are not serving alcohol to persons under 21 years of age.
On May 19, 2009, an operation known as a “controlled buy” was conducted using an underage Police Department representative who attempted to purchase alcohol using legal underage identification at various liquor retailers.
The Village would like to recognize the following establishments for refusing to sell alcoholic beverages to minors:
- Carlucci’s – 1801 Butterfield Rd.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise – 2970 Finley Rd.
- Kyoto Japanese Restaurant – 1408 Butterfield Rd.
- Marriott Suites Hotel – 1500 Opus Pl.
- Portillo’s Hot Dog’s – 1500 Butterfield Rd.
- Qdoba – 1400 Butterfield Rd.
- Ruby Tuesday – 1570 Butterfield Rd.
- Sam’s Wines and Spirits – 2010 Butterfield Rd.
For more information contact Douglas Kozlowski, Communications Director at (630)434-5550.