|Start Date||September 2013|
|End Date||May 2014|
|Village Contact||Transportation Manager, (630) 434-6863|
The purpose of this project is to continue to study traffic and pedestrian issues on a neighborhood-wide basis.
Study Area #3 is bounded by Ogden Ave to the north, Roslyn/Williams to the east, 55th south, and Fairview Avenue to the west.
Data analysis from this study will result in a set of physical and operational recommendations that will improve intersection controls, address pedestrian and access needs, address vehicular speeds, and minimize the potential for present and future crashes and conflicts.
The Village authorized contractor for the project is TADI of Chicago, Illinois. Data collection includes temporary electronic counters, as well as manual counts of pedestrian and vehicles by TADI staffers at intersections and mid-block locations. Roadway measurements, intersection re-configurations and vehicular operations will also be examined.
- Field Data Collection: Completed in November 2013
- Project Internal Analysis: December - January 2014
- Neighborhood Public Meeting/Discussion:
February 27, 2014
6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Lester School, 236 Indianapolis Ave.
- Incorporation of public meeting comments
- Transportation and Parking Commission Meeting: Tentatively April 9, 2014--Present Draft Report
- Village Council Meeting (Final Approval): Tentatively May 2014.
- Action Items implementation: Begin May 2014.
7/18/2014 The Final Report of the study has been prepared. Ordinance revisions for the traffic regulation changes recommended in the report will be presented to the Village Council at the August 5, 2014 meeting. If approved, new traffic signs for affected areas will be installed beginning in mid-August.