What is NPDES?
The NPDES permit program addresses water pollution by regulating point sources that discharge pollutants to waters of the United States.
Created in 1972 by the Clean Water Act, the NPDES permit program is authorized to state governments by EPA to perform many permitting, administrative, and enforcement aspects of the program.
In 1990 the NPDES program began to expand to include non-point source pollution (stormwater runoff) and incorporated municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4s) into the NPDES program.
In coordination with DuPage County, the Village maintains a General Stormwater Permit (ILR40) with the Illinois EPA for discharges into Water of the State from our Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4). The MS4 permit requires the Village to develop a stormwater management program using best management practices (BMPs) and measurable goals for six (6) minimum control measures:
- Public education and outreach on storm water impacts
- Public involvement and participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site storm water runoff control
- Post construction storm water management in new development and redevelopment
- Pollution prevention/good housekeeping for municipal operations
More information about the County-wide ILR40 permit, please visit the DuPage County website https://www.dupageco.org/EDP/Stormwater_Management/Water_Quality/1166/
Below is a list of the Village's Stormwater Management Plan, NOI, and all annual reports. If you have any questions about the NPDES program / MS4 permit, please contact the Stormwater Administrator at email@example.com.
- Stormwater Management Plan
- 2016 NOI
- 2013 NOI MS4
- 2019-2020 NPDES Annual Report
- 2018-2019 NPDES Annual Report
- 2017-2018 NPDES Annual Report
- 2016-2017 NPDES Annual Report
- 2015-2016 NPDES Annual Report
- 2014-2015 NPDES Annual Report
- 2013-2014 NPDES Annual Report
- 2012-2013 NPDES Annual Report
- 2011-2012 NPDES Annual Report
- 2010-2011 NPDES Annual Report
- 2009-2010 NPDES Annual Report
- 2008-2009 NPDES Annual Report