District 99 and Village Partnership for On-street Student
The Village has partnered with District 99 for the sale of on-street parking permits near North and South High Schools. Each high school has responsibility for the distribution of these permits (Lot W at North High and Lot Z at South High). The partnership allows each school to more comprehensively manage student parking on their campuses.
Temporary Handicap Parking Application
- The applicant must be a resident of incorporated Downers Grove.
- The resident must have a temporary condition; if the condition is permanent, the resident should file with the State of Illinois.
- The resident and doctor must fill out and sign the application. (linked above.)
- A temporary placard is only issued for for the amount of time designated by the doctor, which is not to exceed 90 days. After 90 days, the resident must re-certify for the program.
- The Village will only accept the original copy of the application. Faxed copies will not be accepted.
- The resident must pay a $2.00 processing fee.
- Once issued, the placard may only be used by the resident assigned to it.
- The placard should be hung on the rear-view mirror. If no rear-view mirror is available, the placard may be placed on the dashboard or visor.
- Remove the placard before the vehicle is in motion.
General Parking Reminders
The following regulations can all be found in the Downers Grove Municipal Code.
- Overnight parking on Village streets between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. is prohibited.
- Parking on sidewalks, or otherwise obstructing the sidewalk is prohibited and subject to a $25 fine.
- When three or more inches of snow have fallen within a 24-hour period or less, parking is prohibited on streets and public parking lots between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
RTA Senior Program
RTA Senior Circuit Ride Free Permit
For more information call (800) 252-8966 or visit www.cbrx.il.gov.
Senior Reduced Fare Permit
For more detailed information visit the RTA website or call RTA Customer Service at 312-913-3110.
How to Pay
On Pace buses
Show driver your RTA permit and pay reduced fare by cash or check. Cash only for a one ride ticket. Please have exact change.
Show your RTA permit and pay reduced fare by cash, check, or credit card. Cash only if purchasing from a conductor. (Additional $3 charge may apply. )
On suburban Pace buses
- Insert pre-loaded RTA permit, $.85 will be deducted. OR
- Insert RTA permit which will flash no money on card, then pay $.85 cash.
On CTA buses or trains
- Load dollar amount on your permit at CTA Transit Card Machines.
- If you choose to pay cash on CTA buses, insert permit which will flash no money on card, your fare will be $1.10 instead of $.85.
- You cannot pay with cash as you board a CTA train. You must have money pre-loaded on your permit.
Reduced fare CTA transit cards may be purchased at select currency exchanges, Jewel and Dominick's food stores, CVS Pharmacies, Walgreens, and at transitchicago.com. Add value to your card at rail station farecard machines.