RTA/Pace VENTRA Card
Soon, the Grove Commuter Shuttle will accept only cash or Ventra cards.
- Grove Commuter Shuttle monthly passes will be sold and accepted through December 2013.
- For those riders that use the 12-ride tickets, these will be no longer be sold as of November 1, 2013. They will be accepted through December 2013.
- Additional Ventra card information
Student Parking at North/South High
Parking permits for Lot Z (DG South) and Lot W (DG North) have SOLD OUT for the 2013/14 school year. Permits are limited in number and are sold on a first come, first served basis. The cost is $250.00 for the school year, payable by cash, check or credit card (Visa, MC, Discover).
General Parking Reminders
The following regulations can all be found in the Downers Grove Municipal Code.
- Overnight parking on Village streets between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. is prohibited.
- Parking on sidewalks, or otherwise obstructing the sidewalk is prohibited and subject to a $25 fine.
- When three or more inches of snow have fallen within a 24-hour period or less, parking is prohibited on streets and public parking lots between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
RTA Senior Program
RTA Senior Circuit Ride Free Permit
Low-income seniors age 65 and older who are enrolled in the Benefit Access Program administered by the Illinois Department on Aging (DOA) may apply for a Ride Free Circuit Permit for free rides on RTA fixed-route bus and rail services provided by the CTA, Pace and Metra. You must be enrolled in the Benefit Access Program before you will be approved for a Ride Free Circuit Permit. For more information about the DOA Benefit Access Program call (800) 624-2459 or visit www.cbrx.il.gov.
Senior Reduced Fare Permit
Seniors age 65 and older who are not qualified for the low-income Beneift Access Program are eligible to ride RTA fixed route bus and rail services provided by the CTA, Pace and Metra at a reduced fare with a valid Reduced Fare Permit.
Qualified Downers Grove Township residents who need an RTA card may come to the Township office, 4340 Prince St., Downers Grove (630-719-6685) to complete the application and get a photo taken for $3.00.
For more detailed information visit the RTA website or call RTA Customer Service at 312-913-3110.
How to Pay
On Grove Commuter Shuttle buses
Show driver your RTA permit and pay reduced fare by cash or check. Cash only for a one ride ticket. Please have exact change.
Show your RTA permit and pay reduced fare by cash, check, or credit card. Cash only if purchasing from a conductor. (Additional $3 charge may apply. )
On suburban Pace buses
- Insert pre-loaded RTA permit, $.85 will be deducted. OR
- Insert RTA permit which will flash no money on card, then pay $.85 cash.
On CTA buses or trains
- Load dollar amount on your permit at CTA Transit Card Machines.
- If you choose to pay cash on CTA buses, insert permit which will flash no money on card, your fare will be $1.10 instead of $.85.
- You cannot pay with cash as you board a CTA train. You must have money pre-loaded on your permit.
Reduced fare CTA transit cards may be purchased at select currency exchanges, Jewel and Dominick's food stores, CVS Pharmacies, Walgreens, and at transitchicago.com. Add value to your card at rail station farecard machines.