Amnesty Day will be the week of October 3, 2022, on your regularly scheduled collection day. This service applies to residents of incorporated Downers Grove.
Amnesty Day is a one-time pick up. If you miss your Amnesty Day, it may not be rescheduled. The following sticker requirements apply:
Number of Stickers Required
- CUSTOMERS THAT REGULARLY USE STICKERS: The first FIVE (5) bags or cans of refuse (not including yard waste) must each be tagged with a Downers Grove refuse sticker.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 35-GALLON CART: FOUR (4) items must be stickered.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 65-GALLON CART: THREE (3) items must be stickered.
- CUSTOMERS THAT RENT A 95-GALLON CART: TWO (2) items must be stickered.
After meeting the sticker requirement, remaining items will be removed free of charge.
- Bulk items such as couches, chairs, lamps, bicycles, etc. are acceptable.
- All materials must be in a container, with the exception of bulk items.
- Construction material is limited to two (2) cubic yards, equivalent to about eight, 33 gallon sized cans.
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- Motor oil
- Any liquids, paints or household hazardous waste*
- Items known as "white goods" which include large appliances such as washers, dryers, and refrigerators
- Household electronic items such as computers, printers, monitors and televisions
- Yard Waste
*For information about hazardous waste disposal, call the DuPage County Solid Waste Department (630) 407-6700.
Please consider recycling or donating items before placing them to the curb for Amnesty Day. Check out these options for keeping the good stuff out of landfills: