Information and listings of social and community resources may be found at:
- DuPage County Community Resource Information System (C.R.I.S.).
- DuPage County Community Services
- People's Resource Center
Salvation Army Liaison
Downers Grove Township-Division of Human Services at (630) 719-6685.
Find a Food Pantry
The website for the Community Hunger Network lists food pantries that serve Downers Grove and DuPage County.
Additional volunteer opportunities throughout Downers Grove and the DuPage area may be found on the Giving DuPage website.
Home Chore Program
The Home Chore Program connects residents, in need of assistance with household chores, with local participants, 12 and older, who provide such services as: yard work, snow removal, light moving and lifting, babysitting, etc. To obtain some household help through the Home Chore Program or to sign up as a service provider, call the Village at (630) 434-5500.
For non-emergency situations of an urgent nature, contact the DuPage County Mental Health Department, Crisis Line / Central Intake number at (630) 627-1700.
Additional not-for-profit counseling service providers in the region include:
- Metropolitan Family Services (Wheaton/Woodridge) 630-784-4800,
- Community House (Hinsdale) 630-323-7500,
- Catholic Charities (Lombard) 800-240-7011,
- Naperville Community Outreach (Naperville) 630-961-2992,
- DuPage Community Clinic (Wheaton) 630-682-0639