- No more than three (3) accessory structures are permitted per lot.
- Setbacks - Properties zoned R-4, the side and rear setback is five (5) feet. All other residentially zoned properties have side and rear setbacks of six (6) feet.
- Separation Distance - if the accessory structure is outside the principal building setbacks, the accessory structure must be setback a minimum of ten (10) feet from the house.
- Accessory structures may not exceed twenty-three (23) feet to the highest point.
- The combined size of all accessory structures cannot be larger than one thousand (1,000) square feet or the size of the primary structure (house), whichever is less.
- Most accessory structures count toward building coverage (maximum 32% of lot area).
- Accessory structures cannot be located within an easement.
- Driveways must be a minimum of ten (10) feet wide and cannot exceed twenty-five (25) feet in width at the property line.
- Detached garages that are 500 square feet or less in area do not count toward building coverage if the lot is 60 feet wide or less.
- Dwelling units are prohibited above any detached garage.
- Sheds less than 100 square feet may not require a building permit provided:
- The height of the shed does not exceed ten (10) feet.
- If there is a slab, grading or excavation work associated with the construction of the shed, a stormwater permit may be required.
- The Village requires consulting with Community Development staff on the placement of the shed before construction.