|Village Clerk||(630) 434-5535|
|DuPage County Election Commission||(630) 407-5600|
In order to register to vote, you must meet these qualifications:
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- You must not be convicted and in jail
- You cannot claim the right to vote anywhere else
You must register at least 28 days prior to an election in order to vote in that election.
Register in Person
You may register in person at Downers Grove Village Hall, Downers Grove Township office and any other local city, village or township halls in DuPage County. Registration is also performed at the DuPage County Election Commission office and some local libraries.
Two forms of identification with current address are required. Valid forms of ID include:
- A current and valid photo identification
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and current address.
Register by Mail
If registering by mail, download the Illinois Voter Registration Application and mail it to the DuPage County Election Commission at least 29 days before the election. If you register by mail, you must vote in person the first time you vote.
A DuPage County registered voter who expects to be absent from the county on Election Day may vote absentee prior to Election Day, either by mail or in person. Absentee voting starts approximately 40 days prior to an election.
The DuPage County Election Commission should be contacted for more information and verification of availability.
Unlike absentee voting, an early voter is not required to state a reason for voting early. Registered voters in DuPage County may vote early at the Downers Grove Village Hall in the Committee Room.
Once an early vote has been cast, the vote is final; the voter may not go to the polling place on Election Day to change the vote.
Early Voting Requirements
In order to vote early, the voter meet the following requirements.
- Registered DuPage County voter
- Must present government issued photo identification
Early Voting Timeline
- Please refer to the DuPage County Election Commission for site specific information regarding Early Voting dates and times.