The Long-Range Plan process is designed to identify and address issues affecting the long-term future of the Village. The Plan establishes the Village’s goals and priority actions that guide annual budgets, daily operations and service delivery. The Long-Range Planning process is one of many strong management practices that led Standard & Poor’s to grant the Village their highest bond rating of AAA.
To prepare the Long-Range Plan, the Village Council will meet in a workshop format after five regular Village Council meetings from June to August.The purpose of this Long-Range Plan process is the following:
● Review and discuss the Goals for 2015 to 2017 and beyond
● Identify and discuss key trends and issues affecting the long term future of the Village
● Develop strategies and solutions to address the key trends and issues
● Create a list of priority actions to be completed from September 2015 to May 2017
Schedule of 2015 LRP Meetings
Meetings will be held in the Committee Room following regular Village Council meetings on the following dates:
- June 2, 2015: LRP Introduction and Overview, Council Member Roundtable Open Discussion, Review and Discussion of Village Goals (Staff Report)
- July 7, 2015: Issue Discussion - General Fund (Staff Report)
- July 21, 2015: Issue Discussion - Infrastructure Systems
- August 4, 2015: Issue Discussion - Redevelopment Impacts on Neighborhoods
- August 18, 2015: Council Priority Action Items - Review and Prioritization, Summary of Council Direction During LRP
Communicate with Us
- Send an email to LRP@downers.us.
- Use the Twitter hashtag #DGLRP