The Long-Range Plan process is designed to identify and address issues affecting the long-term future of the Village. The Plan establishes the Village’s goals and priority actions that guide annual budgets, daily operations and service delivery. The Long-Range Planning process is one of many strong management practices that led Standard & Poor’s to grant the Village their highest bond rating of AAA.
To prepare the Long-Range Plan, the Village Council will meet in a workshop format after five regular Village Council meetings from June to August.The purpose of this Long-Range Plan process is the following:
● Review and discuss the Goals for 2015 to 2017 and beyond
● Identify and discuss key trends and issues affecting the long term future of the Village
● Develop strategies and solutions to address the key trends and issues
● Create a list of priority actions to be completed from September 2015 to May 2017
Schedule of 2015 LRP Meetings - Meetings will be held in the Committee Room following regular Village Council meetings on the following dates:
- June 2, 2015: LRP Introduction and Overview, Council Member Roundtable Open Discussion, Review and Discussion of Village Goals (Staff Report)
- July 7, 2015: Issue Discussion - General Fund
- July 21, 2015: Issue Discussion - Infrastructure Systems
- August 4, 2015: Issue Discussion - Redevelopment Impacts on Neighborhoods
- August 18, 2015: Council Priority Action Items - Review and Prioritization, Summary of Council Direction During LRP
Communicate with Us
- Send an email to LRP@downers.us.
- Use the Twitter hashtag #DGLRP