The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Downers Grove, Illinois is accepting appointment(s) to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Downers Grove Fire Department.
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements Established by the Village of Downers Grove:
- At least 21 years of age and not older than 35 at time of appointment, except per Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Possess an Associate's Degree -OR- the equivalent of at least 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college (at time of application)
- Possess a valid driver's license with good driving record
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision
- Present a valid CPAT card with Ladder Climb (date must be within 12 months of the application deadline of November 18, 2016)
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of application)
- Possess a Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) Certification from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (Illinois) (at time of application)
- Must successfully test into the Good Samaritan EMS System (after tentative offer of employment)
- Must successfully complete a written examination
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, oral interview with the Board of Fire and Police Commission and psychological testing
- Must successfully complete a medical and visual examination
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee
All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior to the orientaion regarding their status in the process.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
The Village of Downers Grove is accepting applications for the position of Crossing Guard to assist school children at assigned crossings before and after school. Applicants must be in good physical condition and be able to work in all weather. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact CSO Supervisor Timothy Sembach at the Downers Grove Police Department; Monday - Friday, 7:00 am- 3:00 pm at (630) 434-5636.
Wage: $10.00 per trip ($20.00 a day) Position open until filled. Applications will be accepted online, only. E.O.E.
The Village is looking for volunteers to work on special projects as needed, such as electronics recycling events, general office assistance, building improvements and emergency response.
If you are interested in becoming a Municipal Volunteer, please fill out the Online Application, which identifies your skills and availabilities. Applicants will be kept on file and called upon, as needed, or may apply for specific posted volunteer opportunities.