Service Requests / Code Enforcement
|DG CRC||(630) 434-5500|
The Downers Grove Service Request and Code Enforcement Module (formerly the Downers Grove Community Response Center (DG CRC)) is a resource for residents to communicate directly with the Village and report issues quickly, whether they are potholes, flooding, street light outages or areas in need of maintenance. Additionally, this service request module allows you to report property maintenance concerns; such as tall grass, work without a permit or other concerns. The service request module allows you to submit requests for service, report property maintenance concerns and check for updates on your items all online.
Below is an example, once on the portal, click on Code Enforcement / Service Request to start!
You can also call the Village at 630-434-5500 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.
You can discover additional information regarding this service portal resources by clicking on common questions below.
- Click on Register.
- Input your Email Address in the required field.
- Create a password that is eight (8) characters in length.
- Re-type password in "Confirm Password" field.
- Click Next Step: Contact Information
- Fill in the Contact Information as required. Please include your Name and Preferred Contact Method.
- Begin typing a street address In the Search for Address field. The system will search existing locations within Downers Grove. If your location appears, please select it from the list. If you cannot find your address, you can enter it manually in the fields below.
- Fill in the Mailing Address fields as required.
- Fill in the Contact Numbers fields as required.
- Fill in the Alternate Addresses fields as required. This information is not required, though marked with red asterisks. If you do not have any alternate addresses, email addresses, or contact numbers you can leave these blank.
- Type in the Security Characters as displayed on-screen and click Next Step: Complete Registration.
- A confirmation email has been sent to the email used to register the account. Please allow up to 30 minutes for it to arrive.
- You will then need to click on the hyperlink contained in the email to finish activating your account. Clicking the hyperlink will load a page that will confirm your account activation.
- Click the Activate button to finish.
- You will be redirected to the Online Portal Home.
- Click on Sign in and log into your account.
- Under the Code Enforcement / Service Request section, select Submit a Complaint/Request.
Under Complaint/Service Request Type, select a type from the list, then select a Sub Type. To describe your complaint, enter a description about the nature of the complaint and if you have a specific location (e.g. backyard) you may enter that in the next box. Click Next Step: Location.
- Your complaint is public; however, Village staff will not release your name as being the complainant and that will be kept confidential.
- Begin typing a street address in the Search for location field. The system will search existing locations within Downers Grove. If your location appears, please select it from the list. If you cannot identify an address, Use the tabs on the right side of the screen to find a location. Click Next Step: Complainant / Requestor.
- You may choose to enter an anonymous complaint/request or you may enter your contact information.
- If you choose to be anonymous, you will not be able to check the status of your complaint/request.
- If you wish to use your contact information that is associated with your online account, select Use the contact information from my account, otherwise enter your contact information. Click Next Step: Uploads.
- Here you can upload any documentation or photos you wish to include with your complaint/request although not required, it is an option. To upload, select Browse under Upload Additional Documents. Select your document and click open. Once uploaded, click Next Step: Review & Submit.
- Review information and type the characters in the character box exactly how they are then click Submit Complaint/Service Request.
- Your case has now been submitted and the appropriate Village staff will be assigned to your request. For some complaints and service requests, please allow 24-48 hours for Village staff to investigate.
- To check the status of your Code Enforcement/Service Request case, select My Items from the tabs at the top of the web page. Click here for more information on how to navigate the My Items tab.
If you are having issues with creating an account, please contact the Village at 630-434-5515.