Block Party Request
When choosing your block party location and date, please click the link to the Construction Projects Interactive Map, to see if a project is scheduled for your street. Please contact the project manager listed on the project webpage to discuss the proposed work schedule, as your request may conflict with contracted work.
Effective July 1, 2014, block party applicants must obtain one adult signature from 25% of households affected by the blocked portion(s) of the street.
Submit the following information for hosting a Block Party:
- Fill out online form or download brochure
- Download and fill out the sponsor agreement form (page 2)
- Download Resident Signature Form and obtain signatures. Submit original form via:
- Mail: 5101 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (630) 434-5495
- Block Party permits are issued for events between the first weekend of April and the third weekend of October each year.
- The approval process begins when all forms have been completed (resident signature form, agreement form, and block party request form). Please allow a minimum of three (3) weeks for your request to be processed.
- A deposit of $30.00 is required for barricades and must be received on the day of pickup in the form of a check.
NOTE: SUBMISSION OF FORM DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PERMIT!