Block Party Request
Please take note of the following guidelines when planning your Block Party:
- Permits are issued for block parties between the first weekend of April and the third weekend of October.
- The approval process begins when the completed and signed Block Party Request Form has been submitted. The Resident Signature Form is required as part of your Block Party Request, and must be completed and submitted before final approval will be granted.
- Your Block Party Request Form must be submitted a minimum of three (3) weeks before the date of your block party to allow adequate processing time.
- A deposit of $30.00 is required for barricades and must be received on the day of pickup in the form of a CHECK ONLY. Please do not pay this in advance.
- When choosing your block party location and date, please click the link to the Construction Projects Interactive Map, to see if a project is scheduled for your street. Please contact the project manager listed on the project webpage to discuss the proposed work schedule, as your request may conflict with contracted work.
- Project schedules can fluctuate unexpectedly as the construction season progresses; therefore, we recommend waiting until your block party is approved before contracting with vendors.
Please submit the following to host a Block Party:
- Download and fill out the Block Party Request Form.
- Download Resident Signature Form and obtain signatures. Applicants must obtain one adult signature from 25% of households affected by the blocked portion(s) of the street.
- Submit original form via:
- Mail: 5101 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (630) 434-5495
NOTE: SUBMISSION OF FORM DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PERMIT!