The Village is not permitting for block parties in 2020 due to COVID-19. Please check this page in 2021 for updates regarding block party permitting.
- When choosing your block party location and date, please click the link to the Construction Projects Interactive Map, to see if a project is scheduled for your street. Please contact the project manager listed on the project webpage to discuss the proposed work schedule, as your request may conflict with contracted work.
- Project schedules can fluctuate unexpectedly as the construction season progresses; therefore, we recommend waiting until your block party is approved before contracting with vendors.
Effective July 1, 2014, block party applicants must obtain one adult signature from 25% of households affected by the blocked portion(s) of the street.
Submit the following information for hosting a Block Party:
- Fill out online form or download brochure
- Download and fill out the sponsor agreement form (page 2)
- Download Resident Signature Form and obtain signatures. Submit original form via:
- Mail: 5101 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (630) 434-5495
- Block Party permits are issued for events between the first weekend of April and the third weekend of October each year.
- The approval process begins when all forms have been completed (resident signature form, agreement form, and block party request form). Please allow a minimum of three (3) weeks for your request to be processed.
- A deposit of $30.00 is required for barricades and must be received on the day of pickup in the form of a check.
NOTE: SUBMISSION OF FORM DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PERMIT!