|Start Date||April 2014|
|End Date||NEW DATE PROVIDED BY METRA: July 3, 2015|
4/06/2015 UDPATE PROVIDED BY METRA:
Platform Work Details Provided By Metra:
- The Eastern half of the Main Street platform reconstruction project began on April 13, 2015 and is scheduled to be completed by no later than July 3.
- The Western Portion of the Main Street reconstruction project was completed in 2014
- Demolition on the south (inbound) platform, and the the north (outbound) platform is complete and the project is progressing on schedule.
- The sidewalk along the west side of Washington St., where it crosses the tracks (between Burlington and Warren), will be closed for the duration of the project. Pedestrians are to cross the tracks on the east side of Washington, or at Main Street.
- Accessible parking is available at the station.
- The western half of both platforms will remain open throughout construction.
This METRA project will replace the concrete platform at the Main Street Station. Work will involve breaking up the old layers of concrete with a jackhammer, hauling them away, and replacing the platform with new concrete.
- For the duration of the project, work will be performed after the morning rush hour and cease for the day before the start of the evening rush, generally between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Downers Grove commuters are also advised that access to the station building from the platform will be blocked while the west ends of the platforms are replaced. The doors on that side of the building will be locked.
Residents are reminded that Federal law requires all trains to sound their horns whenever workers are present.