The Village is proud to announce the creation of the Downers Grove Green Business Recognition Program. The goal of the Green Business Recognition Program is to recognize businesses within the Village of Downers Grove that support the Village's goals of Continual Innovation and Steward of Fiscal and Environmental Sustainability. This program is designed to encourage businesses within Downers Grove to adopt environmentally sustainable practices, such as waste reduction, conservation of water and energy conservation.
In order to be considered for the Green Business distinction, a business must have recycling service and demonstrate significant green practices within four of the following categories:
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Conservation and Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Energy Conservation
- Public Education/Awareness
If you are interested in being recognized as a Downers Grove Green Business, please complete our application. Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis by the Environmental Concerns Commission.
If your business does not qualify at this time and you would like to learn how to "green" your business, you can visit following sites:
- Village of Downers Grove: Suggestions for Greening your Business
- Village of Downers Grove: Sample Application
- SCARCE - Contact SCARCE for a free Green Audit!
- EPA Guide for Retail Industry
- Small Business Administration: Green Practices
- Small Business Administration: Tips for Energy Efficiency
- ComEd - Solutions for Small Business
Questions about the program may be directed to Nick Santoro at (630) 493-8875.
Recognized Green Businesses