August 15, 2017
Council Agenda rEmarks
NEW! Can't make the Council meeting, but would like to give your opinions/comments about this week's agenda? Give us your rEmarks! This electronic form takes about 5 minutes to complete, depending on the number of comments you have. Comments will be accepted through noon on Tuesdays and will be forwarded to the Village Council and posted on the Council Responses link below. Staff and Council will not provide a written response to questions posed in the rEmarks format.
Call To Order
- MOT 2017-7487 A motion permitting electronic attendance
- A. Claims Ordinance: No. 6223, Payroll, July 21, 2017
- B. BIL 2017-7479 Bills Payable: No. 6346, August 15, 2017
- C. MOT 2017-7472 A motion awarding a contract for $940,746.05 to A Lamp Concrete Contractors, Inc., Schaumburg, IL, for West Burlington drainage improvements
- D. RES 2017-7475 A resolution authorizing a software maintenance agreement and addendum with Superion, LLC
- E. MOT 2017-7477 A motion awarding $117,998.16 to Corrective Asphalt Materials, LLC, South Roxana, IL, for 2017 preservative and restorative seal
- F. MOT 2017-7485 A motion awarding $589,775.50 to A Lamp Concrete Contractors, Inc., Schaumburg, IL, for Middaugh and Blanchard drainage improvements
- G. MIN 2017-7481 Note receipt of minutes of Boards and Commissions
- A. ORD 2017-7459 An ordinance authorizing a special use for 1644 Ogden Avenue to permit an automobile dealership
- B. ORD 2017-7461 An ordinance rezoning certain property located immediately south of 1723 Ogden Avenue
- C. ORD 2017-7460 An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 5539 authorizing a special use for 1723 Ogden Avenue to expand an automobile dealership
August 16, 2017
- 17-ADR-0005: A petition seeking a Historic Landmark Designation for the property commonly known as 4714 Oakwood Avenue, Downers Grove, IL (PIN 09-07-203-003). The property is located on the west side of Oakwood Avenue, approximately 75 feet south of Chicago Avenue, John and Ruth Wander, Petitioner and Owner.
- 17-ADR-0006: A petition seeking to amend Section 12.301 within Chapter 12 of the Municipal Code to create a process to revise and add to a local landmark designation. Village of Downers Grove, Petitioner.
- Old Business: a) Historic Preservation Brochure #4 - Downtown Tour; b) Revisit ADRB Ad Hoc Report and Recommendations to Council (2015)
August 17, 2017
- Report from Marquette and Associates - discussion on possible purchases or sale of investments
- Report from Lauterbach and Amen - Monthly Financial Statements
- Treasurer's Report: Payment of bills; New Employees/retirees/issuance of refund (Retiree - Fred Pajak, Charles Tatroe, James Jackson Sr., Daniel Meijdrech; New Employee - James Jackson Jr., Ethan Simmons)
- Old Business - Executive Session under 2(c)(11) of the Open Meeitngs Act, discussion of pending litigation Reiter v. Board of Trustees Case No. 15 CH1796; Pension Tax Levy
August 19, 2017
- Forum for comments from Village residents.