December 16, 2014
- Issuance of Decision re: The hearing of the verified objector's petition to the nominating papers of Sean Patrick Durkin (2014-EB-2) - Candidate for Commissioner of the Village of Downers Grove, Illinois at the Consolidated Primary to be held on February 24, 2015
- Continue hearing on verified objector's petition by Mark Thoman to the nominating papers of Becky Rheintgen (2014-EB-1) - Candidate for Commissioner of the Village of Downers Grove, Illinois at the Consolidated Primary to be held on February 24, 2015
Council Agenda rEmarks
NEW! Can't make the Council meeting, but would like to give your opinions/comments about this week's agenda? Give us your rEmarks! This electronic form takes about 5 minutes to complete, depending on the number of comments you have. Comments will be accepted through noon on Tuesdays and will be forwarded to the Village Council and posted on the Council Responses link below. Staff and Council will not provide a written response to questions posed in the rEmarks format.
- A. COR 00-05803 Claim Ordinance: No. 6085, Payroll, November 28, 2014
- B. BIL 00-05805 List of Bills Payable: No. 6162, December 16, 2014
- C. MOT 00-05806 A motion authorizing a contract in the amount of $104,386.62 with e-Builder, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- D. RES 00-05807 A resolution authorizing a contract extension with Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc.
- E. MOT 00-05808 A motion authorizing $31,239.50 for purchase of a network firewall from Burwood Group, Inc.
- F. RES 00-05809 A resolution authorizing a license agreement with McKay Brothers, LLC
- G. MOT 00-05810 A motion authorizing a two-year contract with Kale Uniform, Inc., Wheaton, IL, for a not-to-exceed amount of $215,000 for police equipment and uniforms
- H. MOT 00-05765 A motion issuing 2015 Class A scavenger license to Allied Waste Services of North America, LLC
- I. RES 00-05811 A resolution authorizing an extension to the agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Co., Inc.
- J. RES 00-05812 A resolution authorizing an extension to the agreement with Engineering Resource Associates, Inc.
- A. ORD 00-05753 An ordinance authorizing a special use to permit a residential condominium development in the Downtown Business Zoning District at 936-942 Maple Avenue
- B. ORD 00-05759 An ordinance amending Chapter 20 of the Downers Grove Municipal Code - Subdivision and Development Ordinance
- C. ORD 00-05762 An ordinance amending Chapter 7 of the Downers Grove Municipal Code re: Provisions for demolition/construction site management
- D. ORD 00-05802 An ordinance amending Chapter 14 of the Downers Grove Municipal Code to establish parking regulations during a snow emergency
- E. ORD 00-05760 An ordinance amending Chapter 19 of the Downers Grove Municipal Code - Streets and Sidewalks
December 17, 2014
Zoning Board of Appeals - 7:00 p.m. - Council Chambers
- ZBA-25-14: A petition seeking a variation to maintain the existing monument sign located in the public right-of-way. The property is currently zoned R-2, Detached Residential House 2. The property is located north and west of the triangular intersection of Maple Avenue, 55th Street and Dunham Road. This property is commonly known as 1400 Maple Avenue, Downers Grove, IL (PINs 09-07-402-033, 09-07-405-001, -008, -011, -012 and 09-18-200-002); Paul Druzinsky, Petitioner; The Avery Coonley School, Owner
- ZBA-26-14: A petition seeking a fence variation in order to construct a six foot tall fence in the front yard. The property is currently zoned R-3, Residential Detached House 3. The property is located on the southeast corner of Oxford Street and Main Street. The property is commonly known as 959 Oxford Street, Downers Grove, IL (PIN 09-20-117-001); Joseph and Joy Niewiadomski, Petitioner and Owner.
- ZBA-17-14: A petition seeking a sign variation to reduce the required setback for the shopping center sign along Finley Road. The property is currently zoned B-3, General Services and Highway Business. The property is located at the northeast corner of Butterfield and Finley Roads and is commonly known as 1570 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL (PIN 06-30-403-024); Scott Hargadon, Petitioner; Federal Realty, Owner.
December 18, 2014
Foreign Fire Insurance Board - 7:30 a.m. - Fire Station 2, 5420 Main Street
- Treasurer's report - General fund; Widow's fund; Check from County
- Old Business - Outstanding purchases; Mattress update
- New Business - General fund requests; Station fund requests; Training report; Election results